Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

A Day At The Beach!

Ah the beach, one of my favorite things about California. Nothing beats curling your toes in the warm sand, the constant roar of the waves crashing, that after a while almost becomes like a white noise, sitting by a bonfire with a smore in your hand, watching the sun set with the ones you love.


This beach trip was especially special. One of our last days of youthful fun, It was just a couple of days before our graduation. Amongst all the smiles and laughs, I still had that burning question, the seed of doubt in the back of my mind. "How many more days, moments, like this will we all share together?"



But I try and shoo those types of thoughts away. You can't live your whole life on a "what if?" and you cant spend your whole life waiting for an end, because then you never get to enjoy the journey, or appreciate all of the new beginnings.



Especially at this point in my life, when I seem bombarded by one ending after another. But each ending will soon turn into a fresh start, just like every sunset turns into a sunrise. So we laughed, we sang, we drew every worry from our minds and forgott the dark horizon, and lived for today. Because there really is nothing better than a day at the beach with your friends. Well, I cant speak for the others, but that is how I felt. After all, "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."


Remember, always leave room in your heart for love.

No comments: