Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

FIVE things

School's out! Finals are over! Summer! I'm free!!!!!!
- Wait, what? Summer semester starts Tuesday?.... Bummer.
For now, here are 5 things you never knew about me (and probably never cared much too either).

1. I cut corners. Literally, whenever I walk through the doorway, I pass by too close to the edge and end up walking into the wall. And yet, it surprises me every time. How's that for poor depth perception?

2. I really enjoy reading young adult novels (books that are targeted at middle school/high school students). I realize that these books aren't exactly aimed at a reader like me, but there is something kind of refreshing about being able to read a book and enjoy it on purely a surface level. It's not that I don't love complex books with symbolism and all that other stuff (or that young adult books can't include any of those things, because some do), but it's nice to just hear a story and not get lost in all of the other extra tidbits. I also especially love the books with adventure and super natural elements. I think this largely has to do with the fact that I am boring, and like to live vicariously through the characters.

3. The way I picture myself in my mind isn't even remotely close to the way I actually look in real life.

4. Have you ever considered the possibility that we all see colors differently? My green could be your purple (and so on). We would never know, because it is relatively impossible to describe colors. Sure, we could say "it's bright" or "it's dark", but with so many different shades of every color, those statements could apply to all of them. We would never know that other people see a different color, because everyone could still determine two things of the same color. It sounds weird, and for a while I thought it was just another of my crazy thoughts, but come on - it could totally work.

5. Whenever I'm in class and the teacher looks me in the eyes, I try my hardest not to look away. For some reason, I always feel like it is some kind of Jedi test - and it must be, because whenever I do this, the teacher just keeps staring right back. Then it gets uncomfortable, and either the teacher looks away first and I smile thinking "that's right, whose a ninja Jedi cool person", or I cant stand it any longer, and pretend like I had just zoned out and happened to be mentally asleep in the teacher's direction.

So, what are the 5 things no one knows about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 5, I do it too.... I will not look away!!!! glad your back to posting... :)Mom..

Jessi LaRue (Jessi Haish) said...

What a great post! So thought-provoking; I loved it! Great blog, can't wait to read more! :)