Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sure

It is so incredibly easy to get lost in the community college system. But somehow, I've managed to make it to my last two months with two college acceptance letters (so far) in hand.

I love the little reminders that I'm doing the right things with my life. My grades are good, and a third teacher has commented that my writing is incredibly thoughtful. The first time someone mentioned this I was confused. Call it naivete, but I actually remember thinking, "how can you not be thoughtful when you're writing?". I still don't usually see the same things in my writing that others do, but I guess that's typical. Artists are always their own biggest critic. Not that I'm likening myself to an artist.

What I do know is the feeling that writing gives me. It's so hard to explain, but it almost feels like an outer body experience. Like I am the words. I wonder if all writers get this, or if it's just me.

Now, if I could just figure out where I'm going with life beyond this summer.

*note: And for those of you who are curious, this blog isn't exactly an accurate means of judging my writing. This is where I quickly jot down my thoughts.

No comments: