Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

It Didn't.

For several reasons, last night the poetry slam did not go down.

Actually, there are really only two reasons.
1) we thought it started at 8, and it started at 7, so by the time we got there the list had been made and people were already performing.

2) as it got later we probably could have tacked our names onto the end of the list, but it was a small crowd (a lot of people had left) and I had already decided that if I was going to do this, then I would to it full out and to an audience.

Even though I was somewhat relieved, I'm more than a little disappointed that I didn't get to get up there. I want to see what that instant feedback is really like.

I will go back there, and I will read something - eventually. It's hard to find a Wednesday that I don't have to work.

But it will happen.

No comments: