Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tisn't the Season

I cant believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. It just doesn't feel real. I've been doing all of the Christmas time usuals - listening to music, wrapping presents, watching the movies, somehow it just doesn't feel real. Maybe it's because this year I haven't really gone to any big Christmas get togethers, and I don't have a conventional job like I did last year - where there is lots of decorations and music as a constant reminder.

It makes me a little sad to think that Christmas will be over before I've really had a chance to enjoy it. The fact that I've been house-bound (more or less) for a week due to rain isn't exactly helping this funk I'm in, either.

I feel bad that I wasn't able to buy my friend and family super fantastical gifts this year (especially when I hear about the gifts that my friends have bought), but I am flat out broke, and my savings is something I want to keep for when I really need it - I refuse to dip into it anymore. That being said, I am so excited to give my sister her gift, but I'm afraid that I've built it up so much that she will be a little disappointed. She doesn't read this, so I have no problem talking about it.

She is a Beatles freak who doesn't own a clock - so I made her one out of a real record using pictures of the beatles! I'm not exactly sure how useful it will be for actually keeping time, but like I said, she doesn't actually use a clock anyway.

Anyways, that's it for now. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: