Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Being Me...


Sometimes, I have a really hard time thinking of something to write. It's not necessarily that I have a shortage of ideas or anything, but those always seem to come when I am (unfortunately) away from my computer. So this morning, when I was in a mood to write, but finding myself at a loss for ideas, I began to 'blog hop'. Just clicking from blog to blog, seeing if anything would give me any ideas. I found blogs devoted to pictures, some covered with fashion, ones about relationships, a craft blog or two, I even stumbled upon one with stuff I didn't want to see.. It's really quite funny how many blogs there are out there. I sometimes tend to think that I'm "unique" because I have this, a place to write whatever I want, whenever I want, that can be seen by people in any part of the world. And then I find that there are thousands of other people out there, just like me. In a way, it is sort of a comforting thought. Being able to say "I'm not alone in my craziness. There are tons of other people out there who love to keep up a site, just like me". Some of you might find this a little weird.. After all, who wants to be just like everyone else? Don't we all want to be individuals? Special? Well, I've come to find, that trying your hardest to be different, just helps to solidify you as being part of a group. Don't believe me? Just take a look at any high school. Uniqueness travels in groups. And you know what? There isn't anything wrong with that. Humans are social beings, and we are happiest when with others who share goals common to ourselves. So, don't try to stand out because when you are comfortable enough to not worry about blending in, people will start to see (and love) you for what really makes you special.

No comments: