Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

I wish it was The Endless Summer

Today is my last weekday of summer. Next up college. I have more than a few trepidations about the up coming school year. Am I going to make new friends? Are my old friends going to forget about me? Am I going to be able to handle my insane amount of units? Will I ever get a job??

This summer has been especially important for me. It has also been incredibly short (switching to a school with a completely different schedule, I lost almost a month of my summer.) I've really tried to make the most of it, And I have. And now, with just a few days left, I'm at a loss for how to spend them. I so badly want to go out with a bang, but all I can think of are things like "I need new notebooks!"

I suppose I have already ended my summer in the ceremonial sense. With a bonfire; exactly the way I started it. As my friends and I all stood around the fire, we knew that this was both the end, and the beginning.

And each of us, were holding the key.



So I guess all that I can do now is just charge into school, and see what's waiting for me.

1 comment:

thecollegekid24 said...

hey, i'm going to be a sophomore in college, so if you have any questions about how things work or tips for the first transitioning weeks, just holler at me. college is great, you're going to have such a good time!