Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Reads

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was great. Care t o guess why? This weekend, i read two complete books in two days! I know, impressive.

The books I read were The Summoning and The Awakening by Kelly Armstrong. the first book (summoning) follows a girl named Chloe, who one day starts seeing ghosts. She is then put in a home for disturbed teens, tagged as a schizophrenic, and left to "heal". The only problem is, Chloe isn't actually mentally ill, and she suspects that some of the other kids in the home aren't quite what they seem either.

The second book (awakening) continues Chloe's story, and chronicles an adventure that her and her new found friends must embark on - their lives depend on it.

I really enjoyed these books. They have a nice dose of the "supernatural" which I love reading, and still manage to break past the conventional pattern that I (and others?) have started to see everywhere. (What can I say, I guess everyone wants to be the next Twilight?) These stories are different, and full of twists that I didn't expect (which is saying something, because usually I'm pretty good at telling what will happen next in a story). So, I am recommending them to all of you out there, and of course, I'm always open to hearing what all you guys are reading!

No comments: